Kankakee Animal Hospital was established by Dr. Murry, Sr. in 1954. In those early days, the hospital was located on West Station Street in Kankakee.
After Dr. Gunning joined the practice, a new building was built at 2045 S. Schuyler Avenue in 1964. This is our current location. The practice has always specialized in small companion animals, primarily dogs and cats.
As the practice grew, Dr. Murry, Jr. joined the hospital in 1975. Dr. Beeman joined in 1989. Dr. Abrassart became a partner in 2004.
With the pending retirement of both Dr. Murry and Dr. Beeman, we welcomed Dr. Wierscham and Dr. Moeller to the staff in 2012. Dr. Opsal joined the practice in 2014 with the departure of Dr. Wierscham. Dr. Abrassart became the sole owner as of January 1, 2013.
Throughout the years, Kankakee Animal Hospital has maintained its tradition of providing the best veterinary care possible. We look forward to continuing this tradition with the help of dedicated, knowledgeable, and skilled staff.
Kankakee Animal Hospital is proud to serve the Kankakee IL area for everything pet related. Our team is committed to educating our clients in how to keep your pets healthy year-round, with good nutrition and exercise. Kankakee Animal Hospital stays on top of the latest advances in veterinarian technology and above all, remembers that all animals and pets need to be treated with loving care in every check-up, procedure, or surgery.